As the Stillstream featured artist for May 2012, I was given the opportunity to do a live broadcast. This was not practical for me (though it would have been fun). So instead I put together this set, which provided the opportunity to feature examples of the two main "flavors" of my recent electronic work: live/analog/improvised and computer/digital/composed, along with a more conventional piece from a long time ago.
This set was originally broadcast on Stillstream.com on Sunday, May 27 at 7:30pm Central Time (UTC-6), or 8:30pm Eastern Time. It will remain here for the long term for continued streaming and download.
1. Sublimation (2005) - 12:02
2. Coelacanth (2011) - 16.47
3. Penumbral (2005/2010) - 8:11
4. Lullaby/Dream (2011) - 21:33
5. Leather To Spend (1976/2010) - 3:37
Total running time (including commentary): 1:11:05 (71:05)
Leather To Spend written by Gams/Seidel. All other pieces by Dave Seidel.
Additional track information:
- Sublimation is a Csound piece from the album Sublimation.
- Coelacanth is a live recording from an improvised performance at 119 Gallery (Lowell, MA), Friday April 22 2011.
- Penumbral is a Csound piece first released in this form in the no-r-mal II compilation on the Justnotnormal netlabel.
- LullabyDream is a live recording from an improvised performance made at home in New Hampshire on September 4, 2011.
- Leather To Spend is a new rendering of an old piece for two acoustic guitars. The link goes to a slightly faster rendering for two (simulated) acoustic pianos; the version in this set uses a Rhodes electric piano soundfont.
Thanks to Shane Morris, Joel Sutton and all at Stillstream for this opportunity to highlight my music.